I completely felt as if I was going crazy, really. I was a raving lunatic(
She asked "How may I help you?"
I replied "I think I need someone to talk to, but I really have no idea where to start"
"Well" she says..."Do you have any children?"
"Yes, I do" I reply
"ok" she says "First, I must ask, do you feel like harming yourself or your children?"
"No!" I reply(that must be good, right, I think to myself!)
"Good" she says"do you feel as if you are in harm because of anyone in your home?"
Again, I reply "No!"
"Ok, well can you tell me what is going on that you feel you need to talk to someone?" she goes on to tell me that she is a licensed therapist and would love to help me in anyway and would point me in the right direction.
This is when I completely break down, I mean snot dripping, red faced, hysterically crying.....BREAK DOWN. I tell her "I lost.....(sniff, sniff) a baby.....(huff, huff) a few weeks ago....(sniff, sniff)
She pauses for a moment(I imagine I caught her off guard, I'm sure when she answered the phone she was NOT expecting me....the crazy lady on the other end) and says "I am so very sorry" "Can I ask what happened"
So, through my tears, my sniffs and my huffs, I explained it to her. The whole thing, the pregnancy, how hard I thought it was, the guilt when it ended, the long recovery, then at the end.....I let out a huge sigh of relief and my crying was over.
The next day I called my OB and told him how I was feeling, I talked to him for over an hour. I told him that I was still sad and was that normal? He told me that my loss, was one of the saddest he had been through as a doctor(with the exception of losing at baby at term, which I completely agreed with), because there truly was nothing wrong, at all, no warning what so ever. And, then he said the magic words, YOU ARE NORMAL!
I am NORMAL, that is what I needed to hear. I needed to talk to the sweet girl from Texas and cry to her and tell her everything. I needed her to understand and to sympathize with me. I needed to talk to my OB, again, so he could tell me that it was ok for me to still be sad, as long as I was getting up on a daily basis and out of the house I was doing well. That is what I needed. And, that day, I JUMPED over a hurdle. I felt better, like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.
Yesterday, Dave told me that he was proud of me, I was doing so well. He saw me again, the real me, not a robot me, or a fake me, to make it seem I was ok. We laughed and I thanked him for being who he is, luckily we haven't had huge struggles with this loss, he has been amazing and he understood it all and held my hand the entire way through.
Please don't think I am making light of any of this, because I'm not, but sometimes you have to add a little laughter to such a heavy process. I am actually feeling better, for that I am really thankful. That does not mean that tomorrow I won't have an off day, or that three months from now I won't be hit so hard that I will cry the entire day. I know that there are hard times to come, Zoe's EDD will be here at some point and that is not going to be an easy day for me, I'm sure. It doesn't mean that I have gotten over every part of it, that I am ready to go back to church and deal with that part of the loss. But, I have a little bit of peace with losing her and I know that she is part of the reason that I am feeling OK right now! Thank you for reading!
Aww, that's so nice that you were able to talk to someone sweet and just get it all out!! And it's definitely reassuring to hear your doc say you are completely NORMAL to still be sad!! (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteOh Tracy! The beginning of your post had me bawling. I can imagine how hard that phone call was...but I'm so glad that you did it. It sounds like letting it all out to someone that would just listen and help was a big step for you! You are TOTALLY NORMAL and I'm glad that you were able to hear that from that sweet lady in Texas AND your OB! The road to recovery to such an emotionally difficult event. and a very long one...step by step you are getting there. Not to the point where you will forget or feel no pain, but to the point where you are starting to have happy days again. I'm so glad to hear you had a happy day after talking to the lady and your Doc!
ReplyDeleteLike Michelle, I didn't make it to the end without crying. I'm so glad you got such a sweet lady to talk to, bless her heart. I hope you have more and more positive days like this.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are feeling better about things! I am so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteOh ((((Tracy))))! I'm so glad you're feeling better and have gotten over a hurdle! You are totally normal, and I'm so happy that wonderful lady on the phone and your doctor helped you to know this. I have to say, that reading this post, and knowing that you're feeling better, makes me so happy! I love you, sister! (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteAww, sweetie, you had us all crying for you. I am so proud of you for making that call...you are one strong lady, even if you DON'T realize it. Hugs to you, my dear friend. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThe tears are falling. I have had days like this with alligator tears. You are normal! And yes, it comes in waves. One day you are strong and the next day you can't get out of bed. Normal... oh so normal. Grief is a roller coaster... a long one at that with highs and oh so many lows.
ReplyDeleteCan you tell Dave thank you from me? We have amazing husbands who hold our hands, dry our tears and love us when we are at our worst. I am so sad that some women don't have what we do.
I am thinking and praying for you, my dear friend. Call me on days that you need someone who knows how horrible this road is. I am only an email or phone call away.
May you know of my love for you! You will be in our prayers tonight. Missing little Zoe.
Love to you,
Nicole
Tracy, I'm so glad that you have found peace through this all! We've told you all along that you are normal!!! How anyone could expect you to go through everything you did and be a smiling happy face all of the time, must have been crazy! You have been in my thoughts and prayers daily! I love you and am honored to call you friend!
ReplyDelete