~I have learned, with every
Thursday, August 6, 2009
A couple of things...
~First I have spoken to my priest and they have agreed to do the memorial service for Zoe. He said that at some point she will need to be buried, and she will......at some point. That may not be for 30 years, but it will happen. Dave and I have to decide if we want to have a full mass or just a smaller service, right now we are leaning towards a smaller service. Hopefully we will have everything planned and the service will be held within the next month or so.
~I have learned, with everyignorant,wait, mind puzzling thing,(I don't want to offend), there is a much brighter better thing waiting to pick you up. I frequent chat boards. Mostly boards about pregnancy loss. I came across one on thebump.com and it was a little shocking to me. So, I of course replied. While some people agreed with me, there was one lady who replied to me and said "And, please, just because some people have had losses and/or hard time conceiving doesn't mean that everyone else has to be 100% excited about everything in pregnancy. That just doesn't make sense. " Holy cow did that get my blood boiling. I may have completely overreacted but my goodness. So, I of course posted on facebook to see what the response would be, it was in my favor(she raises her arms to cheer herself on). So, I will say it had me a little down, because it's hard to believe their is such rudeness in the world, she obviously has never had a loss, I hope that she never knows what it feels like. BUT, with that thing that had me down, I recieved a wonderful email from a very kind and wonderful person, who did something very special for me. It means the world to me. It's people like that, and people like the creators of Say it with flowers, Carly Dudley and the people at NILMDTS, these are the people who let you know that their is alot of good in the world. These are the people I strive to be like.....I hope that somewhere, someway, I am helpful to someone....even if it is just one person.
~I have learned, with every
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad that you will be able to do Zoe's memorial service. I know that will be a very important event.
ReplyDeleteAnd as for the message board...***sigh*** It amazes me how insensitive some people really are!
((HUGS)) I hope the memorial services brings you peace.
ReplyDeleteThe message board, I saw it but didn't comment. I have to admit I am not one that was fond of pregnancy. But after being robbed of 12 weeks, I regret that I didn't embrace it more.
Kim I completely understand not being a fan of pregnancy, I have really terrible pregnancies, I'm sure that I have my share of complaints. But, I do think that they are well worth it. The part that upset me is being so overly concerned with losing your body, when you know that a belly is part of pregnancy...no matter what! So, I hope that is wasn't offensive to anyone, that was not my intention at all. Hugs.
ReplyDelete