
Have you heard of this wonderful organization? They take photos for families whose children do not survive after birth. There are over 3500 photographers who volunteer their time to take photos for families free of charge. I contacted them today and am going to be volunteering for the organization. I do not take photos, but I am going to be a Parent Coordinator, I will be talking with nurses at local hospitals and connecting the families with local area photographers. I'm really glad that I found this organization, I have heard many beautiful things about them and I think it will be therapeutic for me to help families who are going through a loss. Here is a little bit of information about it if anyone is interested.
www.nowilaymedowntosleep.com
"There is no footprint to small
that it cannot leave
a lasting imprint
on our hearts"
Thank sounds like a great idea! Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI have heard of them before...that is so wonderful that you will be helping them out! I bet you are right, that it will be very therapeutic to help out other grieving famlies. You are so sweet to be thinking about helping others during such a hard time in your life. I know after my losses, I felt a piece of my grieving and eventual healing was through helping others on the boards. Just talking and being there for others so they didn't feel so alone, like I did at first...til I found TTCAL! Sounds like a great idea!
ReplyDelete