I know that when you are getting married, everything is about that wedding. I remember when I was getting married my sister got pregnant and was due just 2 weeks before my day. I was a little upset when I found out, I mean it was my wedding, afterall.
Thinking about it now I don't really understand why I thought that way. I understand it's a big day, but so is pregnancy, so if you can get there and stay there....go for it. Maybe just don't be due on the wedding day!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! This post hit home! My brother is marrying my BFF on July 3rd. I'm the MOH, and I had planned out Gabriel's pregnancy out to make sure that I wasn't pregnant for their wedding. Gabe would have been 3 months old by than. Instead now I'm without a baby, and TTC. I no longer care if I'm pregnant for their big day, and I think that kind of upset my BFF when she found out we were in fact TTC after our loss cause it meant I could possibly be pregnant for the wedding. I just learned though to never take anything for Granted, and I'll take a pregnancy at any time.
ReplyDeleteSorta similar story here too...after my first loss, while TTC I knew that my EDD would be just 11 days before my college best friend's wedding day, if I went through with TTC that cycle! I was in the wedding. The wedding was a 14 hour drive! I knew that in my heart NOT TTC was not an option (afterall, i was supposed to have a 4 month old baby during that wedding anyway!!!), but I was fearful for if she would think I was stealing her thunder or selfish if I was unable to attend!
ReplyDeleteLuckily I did conceive that cycle and my baby was 16 days old for the wedding...so we were able to make the 14 hour drive and I could still be in her wedding! Phew! And she was just so excited that I made it there to be with her!
When I was in the hospital with C my SIL decided that she wanted to get married. Remember I went into the hospital the end of Oct, she picked Nov 15. She KNEW that there was a chance that C could have been born that day.
ReplyDeleteWell, he wasn't but he was born four days later. She felt like I "stole her thunder". Even though she picked the day AFTER I was put into the hospital. Do I think she should have changed her date? No. But I think the way she acted was a little uncalled for, I didn't pick for C to be born that day, but I knew that there was a very high chance he would be a Nov baby.
Anyway, no point to this. The comment I made several times during all of her crap was, when you get married you have the attention for one day. After that it is just eh you got married great. When a new baby comes you have the attention for several weeks. When you have a preemie, you have the attention for several months. I didn't want the attention, you just get it. She just never saw it like that.
Yes,there is a sort of self righteousness involved when you are getting married. I think in most cases it isn't done on purpose, but it is just you think it's the most important day to you so of course it is to the rest of the world!
ReplyDeleteAby, you shouldn't worry about it, in the end you have to think about your happiness. Since your happiness is about being pregnant, I say go with it, everyone else will fall in line with feeling the same way! And, if they don't at least you will be really happy!