If you have to say this at the start of a conversation or several times during the conversation, chances are you think you are better than other people.
Yesterday while waiting in the preschool pick up line. I listened to a mother talk about Kindergarten. She is upset with the school that her daughter will be going to. It isn't a bad school(I know this because I went there as a kid) it's in the same district as the school my kids go to but it is in a lower income neighborhood. She has a problem with that. While explaining to everyone in line(some of which live in this neighborhood) she went on and on about how she worked hard for what she has and is NOT ABOUT TO RUIN IT because of a bunch of low lives. As if the rest of us who own/rent homes have not worked hard for what we have. She also made sure to say every three or so minutes "believe me, I don't think I am better than anyone else" Ummmm...yes you do, you just called people that go to preschool with your daughter low lives.
She continued to say she always admired my house, then when she realized I lived there she was surprised(because I am a low life :)..eye roll). She said "I got the luck of the draw" because my neighborhood went to a good school. No luck of the draw here, we researched, researched a little more and then decided we liked the school system and put a bid in on our home. I mean, after all, it is public and in most cases common knowledge.
And finally, she said she doesn't want her daughter to be influenced by "bad" kids and turn out to not be a good person....to which someone replied "you are molding her to become that way!"
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL! That person was right, your kids become what you make them (mold them).
ReplyDeleteI think your assessment is right on.
Oy!!!! Some people just amaze me (and in this woman's case, it's not a good amazement!)
ReplyDelete