Monday, February 1, 2010

Why do you still have that?

my Dad asked....in reference to my bottle of needles from my pregnancy with Zoe. He asked Dave and he answered "Tracy doesn't want to get rid of them" Then to me my Dad asked "You don't want to get rid of them, why not...throw them away" I replied "I can't, I don't want to"

I know it is strange, I know that it isn't understood by alot of people, but I can't throw them away. It is sort of a piece of her that I need to hold onto. I wish that I didn't feel that way, but I do. I felt so stupid when he said, "throw them away"...I wish it were that easy!


5 comments:

  1. It's NOT that easy Tracy. Simple.

    I wouldn't throw them away either.

    I have a drawer, where everything twin related goes..EVERYTHING..with two exceptions. Their memory boxes, those are on a shelf where I can see them, and the urns are in a VERY visable place.

    Not strange at all, at least, not in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Iiri... not strange at all.

    As you know I am in the midst of cleaning out my mom's house after her death in August... I have things that some would find irrational to keep, but for some reason I just CAN'T throw them away. Your Dad would find the same thing would be true if, Godforbid, he lost your Mom.

    I'm sure it's much the same for you. In your MIND you know that you should want to throw them, but your HEART tells you to hold on. ALWAYS listen to your HEART! It will never steer you wrong!

    Lots of love to you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. You all always know how to make me feel better. The fact is my family/IL family is never going to understand because they have never gone through it. I went through alot last year with that pregnancy especially and I can't just get rid of it all. Again, thank you Iiri and Lara, love you girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's strange either! There are few things parents of angels have to remember their angel babies. YOU as the mother get to chose what you want to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should do what feels best to YOU. I wouldn't worry about anyone else. I don't think it is strange at all. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete