Friday, January 8, 2010

Hi

people who don't understand what I am going through and never will... you suck. If you don't want to pretend to understand and act like you get why I am doing what I am doing...DON'T ask about it.

Here was a conversation with my friend.

Friend "so are you planning on trying to get pregnant again?"

me, "yeah,soon I hope, we have to wait another cycle, then probably"

Friend "oh, well, what are you going to do if it happens again?"

Me " It, what do you mean it?"

Friend "you know, what if you lose it again?"

Me "ummm, I will be sad, and then I will wait, and then I will try again?"

Friend "oh, again? How many more times?"

Me "well, I am hoping it will only take one more pregnancy to get a healthy baby here, but right now I don't intend on stopping"

Friend "Oh, I was wondering how long you would do this for"

Uh huh, thanks.

Really, I don't expect anyone to get it, but I would appreciate the support, even if you don't like it, because that is what friends are supposed to do.

8 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) i'm sorry tracy....

    i don't think people who haven't themselves lost a child (& who would wish that on anyone?) will ever understand the pain of losing a baby, or the desire to have a child after a loss. so many times, i've wished they would just stop at "i'm sorry", but too often we get subjected to well-meaning idiots.

    & to my mind, you have every reason to be hopeful about your next pregnancy. it WILL happen for you, & we will be here to cheer for you when it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((Tracy))))

    I really don't think most people think before they speak. I know a lot of people I know have "Open Mouth, insert foot" disease. I can't tell you how many times I had similar conversations when I was trying to get (and stay) pregnant with Quinn, and how many times I heard something along the lines of "But you already have three kids..."

    I am sorry that you have to deal with anyone who is not being supportive for your decision. Bottom line to me is that they don't have to agree, or like the decision, they just have to be a friend and respect the decision and keep their mouths shut if that is the case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding?!? I am speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies, I really appreciate your support and comments.

    No Kim, not kidding. It's been a bad day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~hugs~ Tracy. I'm sorry that happened. Grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((hugs))) my dear. you and I have spoke at length about this subject. you know that you have the love and support of soooooo many. try not to let the "negative" get you down.

    only YOU and DAVE know what is right for your family. follow your heart, and the answer will be right.

    love ya lady! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would feel EXACTLY the same as you. If you feel your family is not yet complete, you just keep trying. Friends will support you and love you during the process. We will be there to celebrate and hold your hand. Your "friend" needs to get some lessons in empathy and compassion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...what a great "friend". People suck, sorry you have had to deal with it so much lately. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete