Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tested

Recently I have opened myself up and been telling everyone my story. Not on purpose, but it just happens that way. I had this surgery and when people find out that it was I had, the next question is why? So I share. I guess I have gotten to the point to where I want to share. I feel sick sometimes when I tell someone how many children I have and I leave my other children out, especially Zoe, because I knew her, I felt her, we all thought we were bringing her home. So it is nice(what a shitty word to use in this situation, but I've got nothing else) to share that sometimes.

So yesterday I tell someone and she starts to cry she said she had no idea and she told me how sorry she was. She asked when it happened and so I told her the story about how we found out two day before preschool graduation but I couldn't miss graduation. She started to cry harder, told me I was an amazing mother for making such a sacrifice for my children and then told me about her loss that she had at 6 weeks almost 5 years prior. She was crying and I just stood there, zero emotion coming out of me. I felt everything she was saying and felt for her, I've been there, I knew about all of it but I did nothing. I am embarrassed, I worry that she thinks I didn't care about Zoe, our other babies or her loss and her feelings. I think I was protecting myself, I knew if I started to cry it wouldn't end and I wasn't going to do that to myself...completely selfish, I think. I did tell her I was very sorry for her loss, but not much more.

Since then, I have cried about everything. And, I can't stop. I can't wait for this year to be over,there is a black cloud and while there have been many blessings this year....so many bad things have happened and I am unsure that I can take much more. I pray that next year is better....it has to be,right?

1 comment:

  1. 2009 was a crummy crummy year for you...which gives you and everyone around you every reason to beleive that 2010 is YOUR YEAR!

    HUGS about the hard conversation. My guess is that this woman hasn't had anyone to talk to about it and she saw you as a release of someone who could understand. You didn't say or do anything wrong and I think I would very likely be the same way....I either show very little emotion OR the flood gates open. So, if I want to keep the flood gates shut, I need to be very very minimal!

    ReplyDelete