I had my surgical follow up appt this week. Everything seems to be healing well,I am still on restrictions, no lifting, no bending over.....no fun! These are all quite difficult, especially the fun part but I will continue to follow instructions!
I asked about the pain that I was having and here is the reason for it. Though my external incision is horizontal, similar to a csection cut, the internal incision is horizontal and goes from my belly button to my pubic bone. That explains it all.
So trying again, we are allowed to start trying again after two cycles,that could happen regularly or it could take a little longer. I have been put on progesterone and baby aspirin. If I get a BFP I will get in right away for hcg levels to be drawn, every 2 days. Then I will have an early ultrasound and will be seen every one to two weeks until 13 weeks with the RE. Then I will be released to my OB where I will continue to be seen every week or two until 20 weeks, then hopefully I will got to every two to three weeks for a little while. I will need a c-section because the cut is so large there is a high chance for uterine rupture if I labor.
One thing that he was unsure of, he planned on doing an hsg during the surgery but the injector wasn't working properly, so the dye wasn't going into my tubes. He is unsure if my tubes are blocked or not because he couldn't see well enough. Since I had become pregnant this year he thinks they are ok, if I don't get pregnant within 3 months they will do an HSG. I hope I don't have to do that.
I'm not sure if we will try again in two cycles or not, right now we are planning on trying, I just don't know when. I realized after the surgery went well that I am scared to death to do this again. I'm not sure that I can handle losing another baby, I'm trying not to be pessimistic,but let's face it, my body has really sucked for the last few years.
So I will keep everyone updated on everything....thanks for caring.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
((HUGS)) You will know when the time is right.
ReplyDeleteI love you, Tracy. I want you to know, as a mother, I only hope that I can be half the mother you are to your children. You are such an inspiration to me. I have my fingers crossed for only good things for both of us in 2010!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kim and Mary. You give me way too much credit. Most days I feel like I am barely holding it together. But, I thank you for being so wonderful and saying such kind things to me.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update girl. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I am praying that your heart knows when it's time and that you will be blessed with an easy, comfortable pregnancy (at least compared to others!) ;)
ReplyDeleteThinking about you!
~hugs~ Tracy. The healing part is the hardest, physically AND emotionally. You'll know when you're ready.
ReplyDeleteI agree that you will KNOW when the time is right and when you emotionally ready.
ReplyDelete(((hugs))) my dear!!