A couple of months ago I attended a Mass at a local parish for women who have suffered losses, pregnancy loss, still birth, infant loss. I knew when I lost Zoe, then lost our twins 3 months later that I needed to give myself a reason for this happening to us. My reason, was that I needed to help other people. So, my mission began. I called my priest and the staff at church and told them that I wanted to start a support group and have a Memorial Mass for families who had suffered losses.
Tonight was that mass. Now, of course for 12 hours before the Mass we had a terrible snow storm, the snow would just not stop falling....so far we have 8 inches and it seems to keep falling. There were only about 15-20 people in attendance, but it was beautiful. There were stories shared, there were tears and there were smiles too! At the end of the Mass, after many tears were shed on my and Dave's part, I was talking with another couple. The man and his wife lost three pregnancies over 20 years ago. He was telling me how he had been struggling lately, when he went to Mass on Christmas Eve and read about this Memorial Mass in the church bulletin. He told me that he has been so sad and had prayed for something or someone to help. He told me that I was an angel and I was his God send. I thanked him for being so kind and told him how sorry I was for his and his wife's losses. After the Mass, I realized that my part has begun, I did what I set out to do......I helped. It was only one person, maybe........... But I helped.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are an inspiration, and I agree with that man. You did help those who have no where to turn, because no one understands, but you changed that, and you helped.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a beautiful soul! You have inspired me to be a better person. You have helped more people then you know. Thank you for being so amazing!
ReplyDeleteWow! What an amazing thing to do, and really you have inspired me to start looking into something like that at my church. Thanks!
ReplyDelete