She was a kind woman, one who always considered other people before herself, she always had a smile on her face and often asked if "I needed any help" And, her family loved her. That is really all I need to know. I don't need to know why she did it or why she was so sad. That part is over now, sadly though, people like to gossip. We live in a smaller town and this has been the story for everyone to talk about.
I brought my daughter to a birthday party yesterday and while I was there, I was attacked with gossip. The conversation began.
"did you hear about the woman....."
I reply "yes, I knew her"
"I can't believe what she did, how disgusting, selfish....."
I reply "Well, since I don't know how she was feeling at the moment that things happened, I can't speculate why she did what she did. I just know that she was a kind person, who loved her family"
"well, I don't get it, I mean"
I reply "I guess it really isn't for us to get, she has a family and they would be heartbroken if they knew people were saying these things about her"
This is where the conversation turned, I was shocked it turned this way and am still shocked.
"well, last year when I met you, you were distant and withdrawn, never really talked to anyone. I figured you were depressed, then I found out......what happened to you......and I got why you were that way. But, you, you didn't kill yourself, why didn't you, but she did. And, you don't want to judge her?"
I reply "no, I don't." I explained that I had a lot of support and worked through things, but I didn't have any depression before our losing Zoe and our twins. I was shocked she said those things and walked away after. And, I have to be completely honest, I'm fairly sure that the reason why I was withdrawn and didn't talk to her much was because I thought she was a Bitch. I was right, she is a Bitch, a judgmental Bitch.
I will not understand or try to find answers as to why this happened, all I know is that she must have been in a really bad place and I hope that know she has found peace. I also know that she has a family who is trying to pick themselves up and to have gossip like that floating around, it isn't helping anyone.
Wow, people really do amaze me sometimes...and not in a good way!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I am really sorry about your friend. I don't know where she was in her pain, but obviously she was hurting and I am so sorry that she couldn't find a different way out.
ReplyDeleteThe whole things is just so sad. I think the main thing to remember right now is the family that is suffering! Hugs to them!!!
ReplyDelete~hugs~ to you Tracy, and to the family.
ReplyDeleteShe does sound like a royal judgemental bitch.
(((hugs))) I'm sorry you had to deal with someone like that "friend". How sad for family, not only to loss someone they love but to also be talked about.
ReplyDeleteI cannot tell you how many times lately, I have been baffled by grown-ups actions. How are children supposed to learn with parents such as that? Good for you for taking the high road-
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about the loss of your friend-many prayers for her grieving friends and family.