I am shocked with myself to say the least. I am so disappointed in myself as a person and as a Mother. I am unsure how you forget a thing like that. On May 15th, my appt was at 1:45, at 2:35 I found out that our little girl had passed away. Yesterday I was at a baby shower, that started at 2:30, I was crying at the beginning and needed to leave for a little while, I guess that is the only blessing here, had I remembered that yesterday was the day, I would have never, ever made it through the shower.
I always count the 19th as the day that we lost Zoe because I carried her until that day. But, I am still so upset with myself that I had my days mixed up, I don't know how anyone could do that.
because you're human sweetie. no one is infallible, even moms. the important thing is not that you remember the day that she passed, but that you honor & remember her all the days that you are living. & you do that each & every day.
ReplyDelete((hugs))
I don't remember the dates of losing any of my angels. I don't think that makes us bad at all - just human. You are such a wonderful mom and lady - please don't beat yourself up about that! HUGS!!!
ReplyDeleteKate is right! your human...its acceptable. I have trouble with ours too. We lost our little guy November 16th 2007, but my D&C wasn't until the 20th, and Noah's birthday is November 17th 2008, and his due date was the 22nd and I get them all mixed up sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more with the others ladies, you're human, that's why. It does not matter to Zoe if you remember the days and dates, it's that you remember the joy she brought you in those weeks you carried her. And that you remember and feel that love you have for your daughter...that's what counts!
ReplyDelete((HUGS)) on all counts.
ReplyDelete~hugs~ Tracy. If it helps, there are details that made me want to crawl into a hope that I forgot...You are only human, and sometimes, when we experience a lot of pain, we put things in a different "order", perhaps to make it easier to remember (even though it's not accurate.)
ReplyDeleteYou are a great Mom. No matter what.
I thought for the longest time that Caleb was born at 19w2d, but when I actually looked it was 19w3d. I know that's only a day, but I felt terrible, like I'd denied a day of his existence. I know how you feel. But as others have said, we're human. And I love what Michelle said - Zoe only cares that you loved her.
ReplyDelete